Pages

Monday 2 December 2013

#Runstreak #Day1 - Until the Lights Go Out

My Kilcornan training ground
Now I'm not going to bore you with #Day1, #Day2 etc for the next 31 days.

It'll be a weekly summary at most, unless something worthwhile happens.

We've started a Runstreak for the month of December and invited everyone to join us for 30 mins (minimum) every day. Its a great way to get yourself in the habit of time-out everyday and does wonders for clearing your head of life's stresses.

Out yesterday with the family to see Santa in Oranmore, the kids loved it too! It was getting dark when Edel headed out so I was persuading her to bring a light. It was only afterwards when I caught the kids playing shadow puppets that I realised she'd only the flashy red lamp which would be useless in the dark for running Kilcornan.

Cue loading the car to go find mum. She arrived back as we went out the gate, typical!

My turn.

Gear grabbed, light on and out the door I went. As I went down the avenue through Kilcornan ready to start the first loop back around my lamp suddenly dimmed. 

Oh dear! Of all the running I'd done through the evenings it had to be this evening that my batteries run out!! I'll never live this down!!

That was the end of that, 18 mins down the avenue turn around and head right back where I started. No way was I chancing the woods with low batteries as I'd be stumbling around with a broken ankle in no time.

Home with my 'wear a headlamp' tail firmly between my legs for a brief 36min run.

Ah well, run 1 done, another one makes a #runstreak.






No comments:

Post a Comment