Pages

Tuesday 3 December 2013

#Runstreak #Day2 - Ever Decreasing Circles

Okay, so I promised yesterday not to give you a blow by blow account of the #runstreak so I
apologise up front for this update. I just had to tell you.

I knew that Day2 was going to be an awkward one. Edel is away with +adidas in the UK so I'm minding the fort. Home, kids, fed, watered, played with, cuddled and off to bed for a story. Looks like it's me and the treadmill.

I spend the next 2 hours looking for the safety key. It's not where I normally leave it (out of the kids reach) and the room looks suspiciously tidy. Has someone sabotaged my #runstreak?

A message to the boss and I get suggestions of a couple of places to search. However my searches are interupted by tears from a 4 yr old missing her mommy. So a couple of trips up and down the stairs cudding and reassuring a child has me at stupid o'clock contemplating options for a run.

I knew I couldn't just bin the run and abandon the idea of a streak. I also knew if I completed this, today, there would be little to stop me in future.

So.

With every curtain open downstairs (to easily spot any wayward children) I proceeded to run around the house. Outside. Laps around a house!

If the neighbours spotted me I'd be hauled away in a padded van!

Anyway 30 mins later #Day2 run done!!

Pretty please make #Day3 be uncomplicated.


No comments:

Post a Comment